Welcome to the Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms!
This 30-acre National Historic Landmark is the centerpiece of Gustav Stickley’s early 20th century country estate. The Stickley family’s home, known as the Log House, was built in 1911 and is one of the most significant landmarks of the American Arts and Crafts movement. It has been restored to its 1911 appearance and is operated by the Craftsman Farms Foundation as a historic house museum. Tours of the Log House are available year round, as well as group tours for clubs, churches, special interested groups, schools, scouts, etc.
The Museum also offers lectures, workshops, and numerous educational programs, plus two family days each year. Off-site exhibitions are mounted and exhibition catalogues, which include new scholarship, are produced annually.
The Museum’s growing collection includes numerous Stickley furnishings, many which are original to the Log House, plus textiles, pottery, metalwork, and archival materials. In addition to these priceless objects on view in the Log House, an original Stickley bungalow has been furnished with touchable Arts and Crafts furnishings. A visit to this bungalow, known as North Cottage, allows visitors the opportunity sit in the chairs and fully experience Arts and Crafts living.
The Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms is committed to assuring that all individuals can participate in our programs. If you require the use of assistive listening devices or other special assistance please call at least two weeks in advance. Five handicapped parking spaces are available opposite the Museum entrance, and the building is equipped with a fully handicapped accessible bathroom. The historic Log House walkways are gravel, but have been graded to make wheel chair access possible.
Visitor amenities include the well-stocked Museum Shop, which carries handmade Arts and Crafts style pottery, tiles, jewelry, as well as books, magazines, and Stickley Museum souvenirs. A guidebook to the history of the site has been produced and is available on-line and in the Museum Shop. Beverages and packaged snack food are available for purchase and picnic tables are situated throughout the site.
Craftsman Farms, located in and owned by the Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills, and
operated as the Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms, by the Craftsman Farms Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization incorporated in the state of New Jersey. Restoration of the National Historic Landmark, Craftsman Farms, is made possible in part, by
a Save America’s Treasure’s grant, administered by the National Park Service, Department of the Interior, and by support from Morris County Preservation Trust Fund, the New Jersey Historic Trust, and individual members. The Craftsman Farms Foundation received an operating support grant from the New Jersey Historical Commission, a division of the Department of State. The Craftsman Farms Foundation gratefully acknowledges a grant from the New Jersey Cultural Trust.