During the reconstruction of the Annex and restoration of the Log House Kitchen, and in order to balance preservation with access, the Log House will be open for public tours, by appointment only, on a limited basis. We kindly ask that you respect the museum’s rules during your visit. With your help, we look forward to providing an enjoyable and safe experience.
– Reservations are required for all visits.
– Tours will be held rain or shine. If the museum cancels the tour due to extreme weather or other unforeseen circumstances, you will be notified by email and receive a full refund or credit.
– Craftsman Farms is located at 2352 State Route 10, Morris Plains, New Jersey 07950. The entrance is located on Route 10 West at Manor Lane, about 3 miles west of I-287 in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey. Directions.
– Tours during construction will gather at the ground level (rear) of the Education Center where restrooms and seating are available. The group will then walk between buildings along a gently sloped, paved path, to the Log House, approximately 300 yards.
– Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes before your tour start time to allow time to park and walk to the Education Center Visitor Entrance.
– Ample parking is available in parking lots located at the entrance to the Craftsman Farms campus. Visitors must then continue on foot to the Education Center Visitor Entrance, on the ground level at the rear of the building.
– Accessible parking for visitors with handicapped permits is available in the rear of the Education Center. Please follow the posted signs to the back of the building.
– The Education Center (ground level) is fully ADA accessible with accessible restrooms.
– As a historic structure, the Log House was not designed for and cannot fully accommodate 21st century ADA needs. The first floor is reasonably accessible. The second floor is not and can only be accessed by stairs. There are no public restrooms or seating in the Log House.
In the Log House:
– Please do not touch any of the furnishings, including the walls or beams.
– Stay with your group. Should you need to leave the tour at any time, please ask your docent for assistance exiting.
– No outside food, beverages, gum or candy are allowed inside the house.
– Please no oversize bags or backpacks. Storage lockers are not available during construction.
– No strollers.
– No flash photography.
– All photos taken by guests are for personal use. Commercial use is strictly prohibited.
– Equipment such as selfie sticks and tripods are not permitted.
– No video or audio recording, except with prior written permission.
– Posting photos to private social media accounts is ENCOURAGED! #stickleymuseum
Covid-19 Policies at The Stickley Museum:
The Stickley Museum takes the health and safety of visitors, staff and the community seriously and is closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 on an ongoing basis.
Masking is optional, in accordance with CDC guidelines. The Stickley Museum remains a mask-friendly environment for all. Many staff and visitors will continue to wear a mask. Disposable masks are available free of charge at the Education Center.