Important Information on ZOOM
This course uses the easy-to-navigate ZOOM video conferencing platform. Course participants are responsible for providing their own means for attending. Technology assistance will not be available during course sessions.
New to the ZOOM video conferencing platform? Perform a Zoom test ahead of each session. [ LINK TO TEST ]
Newcomers to ZOOM, you will need to download an app. The ZOOM website has many instructional videos to teach you how to use it! [ LINK TO “HOW TOs” ]
Once you have registered for a virtual program, you will be sent an email with instructions and a link to join the program. Typically this email is sent the day prior to the program, and again the morning of the program. Remember to check your spam folders if you don’t see it. If you’ve never used Zoom before, when you click the join meeting link you will be prompted to download and install Zoom. Otherwise you’ll be prompted to launch Zoom. Then select Join Meeting.
- We recommend planning to access the program link at least 10 minutes before the program starts.
- A Zoom account is not required. You can join a Zoom meeting as a participant without creating an account.
If you are unable to join the meeting, visit the ZOOM Support Center for useful information. [ LINK TO SUPPORT ]
- Participants will need a relatively modern device (PC, MAC, TABLET, PHONE) and strong/reliable internet access.
- While Wi-fi can work if your home/office has excellent connectivity, a wired internet connection to your device is highly recommended.
- You can test the speed of your internet connection by visiting https://www.speedtest.net. An upload speed of 10mbps or greater is advised.
- If internet access is being shared in your home/office and others are downloading or streaming video at the same time, you may experience connectivity issues.
- Close other applications running on your computer before joining the ZOOM session.